It’s not sufficient if you happen to solely study the fundamentals of Microsoft Phrase and its productiveness secrets and techniques. You need to observe a number of safety habits to maintain your work non-public too! And a type of habits is to clear (and even disable) the Latest Paperwork listing in Microsoft Phrase. Not solely is it a great way to declutter the launch display on Phrase, it additionally staves off any prying eyes.
The way to Clear the Latest Paperwork Listing in Phrase
The latest paperwork listing seems on the left facet of the display. You’ll be able to take away all indicators of the most recent opened information or disable the listing fully in order that it doesn’t log any opened information any further. Clearing or disabling the listing additionally removes all file names from the Open possibility inside Phrase.
- Launch Phrase. The Latest listing seems at any time when on the left of the principle splash display.
- Proper-click on any single doc title, after which choose Clear unpinned Paperwork.
- Click on Sure to substantiate the removing within the subsequent dialog field. Your just lately opened Phrase paperwork are faraway from the listing.
- You may also take away the document of a single doc. Proper-click on a doc and choose the Take away From Listing choice to take away solely that doc.
The way to Disable the Latest Paperwork Listing in Phrase
- Open any Phrase doc. Click on File > Choices.
- Go to the Phrase Choices dialog > Choose the Superior tab > Find the Show part.
- To disable the show of latest paperwork, set the Present this variety of Latest Paperwork choice to zero. Click on OK.
This clears your latest Phrase paperwork and in addition completely disables the Latest Paperwork listing from recording any paperwork in Phrase 2016.
What concerning the bounce listing on the Phrase taskbar icon?
For Home windows 10, it’s important to click on on Begin > Settings > Personalization. Now, click on on Begin within the left-hand menu after which click on on the Present just lately opened gadgets in Soar Lists on Begin or the taskbar toggle button in order that it says Off.
That’s it. You’ve now managed to take away traces of your exercise on Phrase from snoopers.
Picture Credit score: dennizn/Depositphotos